You can find growing instructions for Pocket Greens, Pet Grass, and My Vegetable Growing kits here:
Growing instructions for Hydroponic Kits
METHOD 1 USING WATER
Simply spread the seeds out directly on the tray and fill water until it just touches the tray. As long as the seeds are moist, they will germinate.
Change water daily to keep it clean.
You can harvest in 7 days by cutting the shoots off. Throw away the seeds when they stop producing any shoots. Scrub the tray before you start growing another batch.
METHOD 2 USING COMPOST
Spread a layer of compost on the tray. Put the seeds on top of the compost and spray to moisten the compost. You DO NOT need to fill the kit with water. Just keep the compost moist and the seeds will germinate. When the roots are longer, you may pour some water into the kit so that the roots can draw water from the reservoir below.
Some people find that using water only will cause the seeds to smell. Just change water often to keep it clean.
If you use compost to grow, the seeds will not smell. The compost will also give the seeds some added nutrients and the plants will grow stronger. Some seeds will not germinate and start to discolour after a few days. Simply remove these seeds to prevent them from turning moldy.
Growing instructions for Pocket Greens & Pet Grass
Both Pocket Greens and Pet Grass are easy to grow and harvest. However, plant growth varies according to the amount of sunlight, water and care the plants are getting. Below are the steps that are applicable to both Pocket Greens and Pet Grass.
- Step 1 - Pour the growing medium evenly onto sowing tray to 1cm height. Add water until medium is moist.
- Step 2 - Sow enough seeds to cover the surface of medium. Tips - For pea, sunflower and wheatgrass, soak in water for 12 hours before sowing for faster germination.
- Step 3 - Pour medium sparingly to cover the seeds.
- Step 4 - Keep the medium moist. Water or mist daily. Tip - Over-watering will cause rotting and affect vegetable growth.
- Step 5 - Place the kit indoors or outdoors, catching few hours of sunlight daily. Keep kit away from direct rain.
- Step 6 - For Pocket Greens, you can now harvest by snipping the baby greens with scissors. Eat the greens as a garnish, salad or cook for a delicious meal. It is best to observe hygiene when handling greens at all times. Rinse in clean water several times before serving. For Pet Grass, you can leave the entire tray for your pets to eat or snip and add some to their daily diet.
Growing instructions for My Vegetable Growing Kits
- Step 1 - Make a few evenly space 1m deep holes on the soil. Seeds will not grow well if they are sown too deeply.
- Step 2 - Place 1 or 2 seeds in each hole or simply scatter the seeds onto the soil. Cover with a thin layer of soil. Putting too many seeds together wil cause overcrowding.
- Step 3 - Put the growing kit near the window or in a place where it can get few hours of direct sunglight everyday. Water the plants once or twice a day. Keep the soil moist but not too wet.
- Step 4 - Watch the seeds germinate and grow. They germinate in about 4 days and take about 30 to 40 days to mature.
- Step 5 - When the vegetables are about 5cm or taller, they are ready for eating.